- Low amp draw DC fan (2.0 amp startup and 1.7amp continuous) does not over tax the electrical system. Ac rectifier available for snowmobiles already using the dc power port. Motor is water resistant and designed to operate in adverse conditions.
- Heavy duty welded aluminum design is rugged enough to take abuse but lightweight
- Pulls approximately 140 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air through the hood and clutch area.
- Air is removed from the clutch housing and fan installation does not inhibit or otherwise interfere with belt changes.
- Active venting system that expels hot air even at low ground speeds or when snow is covering vents as opposed to traditional Passive venting.
- Allows the use of graphics/wraps when customers want additional venting without damaging aesthetics and design of side and hood panels.
- Clutches and belt stay cooler which allows them to last longer and work better.
- Radiated heat from engine is absorbed by the cool incoming air instead of air intake/box thus keeping intake air temperatures down. This gives the engine a crisper and more consistent feel and makes more power when subjected to heavy loads
- Belt dust and other fine debris is essentially vacuumed out of the under hood area so clutches and entire under hood area stays cleaner.
- Doubles as an amazing goggle defogger!
- Comes in many colors and can be powder coated by the customer into any other color they desire. Currently we have gloss red, white, blue, orange, textured black, and natural brushed aluminum.
- Takes approximately 1.5-2 hours to install (typically) and requires some specialty tools like a rivet gun and drill bits.
- Factory connector allows true plug and play install. Also allows quick disconnect for troubleshooting and diagnostic work on snowmobile.
Deep snow and extreme conditions place enormous loads on your sled and especially your drive belt. This extreme load creates incredible amounts of heat that shortens drive belt life and reduces performance. The Under Hood Hot Air Eliminator A.K.A. “The Blow Hole” removes that heat via a high output fan. This “Active Venting” system is built out of durable aluminum and has a welded design to put up to the abuse of mountain riding. Reduces under hood temps, clutch and belt temps and restores performance without installing “passive venting”. No need to cut up your new wrap for vents, the “Blow Hole” will be less invasive and do a better job of cooling. Professionals like Chris Burandt, Ryan Nelson, and Sahen Skinner swear by it! The current trend in mountain snowmobiles has been to make them smaller and more compact thus limiting the amount of area that can be used for vent surfaces. Naturally the riding style has changed also, frequently requiring less trail and more technical terrain. Vent materials don’t hold up well to tree branches and graphics wraps are becoming the norm reducing the tendency of customers to add vents to panels, etc. The HOT AIR ELIMINATOR otherwise known as “THE BLOW HOLE” is an active venting system to replace or enhance already employed passive venting. As a result of the impressive under hood temperature reduction through the use of the Blow Hole leads to belt and clutch temperature reduction, extended belt life and improved engine performance.